Luxembourg Cluster Initiative
The Luxembourg Cluster Initiative, a key element of the national R&D and innovation policy, brings together various clusters and innovation networks established in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Launched by the Luxembourg Government and coordinated by Luxinnovation, the Luxembourg Cluster Initiative actively encourages networking between the private sector and the public sector.
It aims to stimulate the collaborative development of cutting-edge technologies whilst supporting Luxembourg’s current technological expertise and providing impetus for the further development of national centres of excellence.
The Luxembourg Cluster Initiative is also a member of the European Cluster Alliance, a network which brings together actors in charge of clusters all over Europe.
The cluster's main objectives are to:
- foster communication and the exchange of knowledge and know-how among cluster and innovation network members
- stimulate the development and implementation of collaborative projects at national, European and international level
- enhance the visibility of the technological excellence and of the innovation potential of cluster and innovation network members
- encourage the uptake of new technologies and the identification of potential business opportunities.
The Luxembourg Cluster Initiative covers priority sectors for the Luxembourg economy:
- automotive components
- life sciences
- information and communication technologies
- manufacturing technologies
- space technologies
Within the framework of its economic development policy, the Luxembourg Government has also decided to stimulate other value-adding sectors with a strong growth potential, such as logistics and maritime activities.